iYoga Classes Manchester
A warm welcome to Iyengar Yoga Manchester
With lots of yoga classes on offer why choose us?
- Iyengar yoga is suitable for all ages, fitness levels and abilities
- Beginners are welcome
- 14 classes 7 days a week
- Highly qualified teachers
- And our specially designed yoga centre provides the perfect setting for Iyengar yoga classes.
Dedicated to Iyengar Yoga
Located in Heaton Mersey, the iYoga centre enjoys the status of Affiliated Centre of the Iyengar Yoga Association UK, which means it is recognised as a centre of excellence for the teaching of Iyengar Yoga. Within easy reach of Didsbury, the Heatons and Stockport, the stunning centre has been designed exclusively for Iyengar yoga.
The Iyengar method was named after our teacher Yogacharya Sri BKS Iyengar. The teaching helps you focus on correct alignment of the body, ensuring you’re working safely, with maximum benefit to your flexibility, strength and wellbeing.
Classes generally start with simple poses and gradually move to more advanced poses ending with a period of relaxation and sometimes incorporating breathing techniques. Props such as blocks and belts are sometimes used in class to allow those with less strength or flexibility to work correctly and achieve their full potential.
• Can be practised safely by everyone, irrespective of age, physical condition and state of health. Being flexible is not a pre-requisite for yoga: it’s one of the goals! The purpose of yoga is to gradually build flexibility and strength. You will start with gentle postures, then work your way up to more intense poses as your body learns to stretch and the stiffness in your joints and muscles is relieved.
• Is a totally holistic approach to wellbeing, working on the body, mind and emotions through the practice of physical postures.
• Is taught by accredited Iyengar teachers who have undergone a rigorous training programme, with practical and written exams in anatomy, first aid, yoga philosophy and teaching theory and continuously undertake advanced training.
• Is proven through scientific studies to be effective in helping alleviate a range of medical and physical conditions.
The postures are very precise and you will be guided through them by experienced teachers who are trained to make appropriate adjustments for different physiques and for people with specific problems. The classes are hard work, as the poses involve intense stretching; however, you will leave the class feeling lighter and calmer. The immediate benefits of yoga are greater flexibility and strength and better physical health. As you continue with your practice, psychological and spiritual benefits begin to appear.